Your donations make it possible for us to continue to serve people in need within our community.
Each night, the Theresa House and Welcome Inn shelter 11 families. However, this is only about 13% of all those who come to us seeking shelter. This is due to the lack of space in our shelters and the shortage of affordable housing in the Mankato area.
Here are some important facts to keep in mind:
- A majority of our shelter guests are working individuals trying to support themselves and family members.
- Poverty is a key contributing factor to a family losing their housing! Families at risk cannot pay the rent when the car breaks down, Mom’s hours are cut or a child is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness and extended hospital care is required!
- Each of our families stays an average of just three months before accessing affordable rental housing within the community.
- The agency denies shelter services to an average of 40 households a month—simply because our homes are at capacity!
- Deeply concerned about those families who are denied services, our Board of Directors is actively searching for property that would allow us to shelter and serve more families in need.
Donations can be mailed to Partners for Affordable Housing at:
151 Good Counsel Dr, Suite 130
Mankato, MN 56001
Or donate online through Paypal by clicking on the button below: